Media Streams Generation Center (MSGC)
MSGC in Ostankino is a specialized Media Content Logistics Center, created for TV channels packages generation and exchange of video signals in SD and HD formats. The total amount of maintained TV routes and exchange lines is about 1000.
The clients of the MSGC are:
- Federal and regional broadcasters (news and sports editorials, broadcasting complexes)
- Content producing companies, which have fiber optic links or locate their play out servers in the MSGC
- Foreign broadcasters’ representative offices
- Cable and satellite TV networks operators
On the basis of MSGC CJSC Synterra Media carries out a variety of large-scale projects:
· TV network operators connection center
· Regional TV system
· Real-time video transmission system (RTVB)
· Internet broadcasting complex
· IT-projects for Media Content Logistics (Media Portal TERRA-MEDIA.RU, direct broadcasting portal)
TV network operators connection center
In the Media Streams Generation Center, arranged in Ostankino by Synterra Media, about 300 TV broadcasting programs are being incessantly processed. More than 140 of the TV programs are coming directly from the studios of TV companies via ground-based communication systems without compression. Synterra Media also delivers transmission signals in High Definition TV (HDTV) mode via ground-based network infrastructure.
The above mentioned resources of the Company make it possible to guarantee the effective interaction with national and regional broadcasting networks operators (satellite, cable, mobile). Nowadays TV programs from MSGC come to the screens of tens of millions of viewers via operators’ networks.
CJSC Synterra Media creates and develops the national ICT infrastructure of media
content logistics for media market professionals. The core task of the project is
the creation of specialized media centers to provide media services in the
regions. The regional segment of the network makes it possible to coordinate
with Russian big cities and is based upon the backbone network of Megafon and
its regional partners.
The customers are provided with:
• Professional delivery of SD and HD signals in real-time mode across the country
• Live broadcasts of big events from the regions in SD and HD over digital terrestrial infrastructure
• Unlimited possibilities for the creation and delivery of multiplexes for digital terrestrial and cable TV broadcasting (regional program packages, HD multiplex, specialized TV programs packages etc.)
• Specialized content (movies, VoD, HDTV) delivery, including digital cinema.
The consumers are the TV channels, covering news and sporting events, cable and IP TV operators, regional broadcasters, offices and bureaus of national and overseas broadcasters.
Real Time Video Transmission System (RTVT)
The system is intended for provision of video content professional exchange to broadcasters and other members of TV production and broadcasting market. The technological basis of RTVT is cross-point arrays and digital TV channels of the company and its partners and a majority of PoPs (PoP - Point of Presence) in public places (stadiums, news offices, video data exchange foreign centers etc.).
The organizational basis of RTVT is an interactive service of orders, which provides accessible and friendly procedure of service order and implementation via WEB-interface. The fundamental advantage of RTVT is a possibility to set up a connection between different points on the network within a record-breaking short period of time (within a few seconds inside Synterra Media network). Additional benefits for RTVT members are a permanent connection of MSGC to TV networks international operators as well as usage of satellite TV stations complexes (FlyAway) and company’s receiving teleport, connected to MSGC.
"Video feed" is a most common service for TV companies, applied for the transmission of video content prepared in advance as well as for live transmissions (sporting events, music concerts etc.). This solution can also be used for providing subscribers with high definition (HD) video content, including that remaining deposited in the archive. On the base of this solution various additional services can be provided, i.e.: order-wire service, reporter channel and others.
Media Portal TERRA-MEDIA.RU
Internet portal TERRA-MEDIA.RU proposes to the right owners to upload their TV content sell offers on the 24 hour operating “show-floor” and invites end users to choose and purchase such content together with broadcasting rights. A registered user can expeditiously receive the ordered content by the exchange lines via Real-time Video Transmission System (RTVB) and download the file of the air broadcast quality by means of the Internet.
Media portal is a modern and efficient communication environment for lawful media content producers and end users:
- Modern technologies of content upload and announcement
- Video content automated purchasing and selling via Internet
- Resources access rights management
- Providing space for personalized advertising materials considering users accounts
- Video content upload to the personal account page as a file via Internet or in real-time mode via Real-time Video Transmission System (RTVT)
Live Broadcasting Portal media-port.tv
Since 2009 CJSC Synterra Media has been implementing the “Internet live broadcast” project. To carry out this project a special technical area was built in MSGC and first-line support service was established. The partners are provided with a qualified assistance in TV signals generation and their delivery to thousands of subscribers which have Broadband Internet Access regardless of their geographic location.
CJSC Synterra Media is cooperating actively with
copyright owners who are interested in regular live broadcasts over the
Media-port.tv gives the partners a unique opportunity to quickly organize the event broadcast, announcing them on their websites and trusting the experts of CJSC Synterra Media to solve all technical problems, associated with such broadcast (original signal receipt, encoding, working with payment systems, etc.).
ОТТ for broadcasters
CJSC Synterra Media offers to the cooperating Broadcasters full-cycle implementation of technological and business processes of Internet broadcasting by means of OTT technology (Over The Top – delivery of video content over broadband access network uncontrolled by operators):
• generation of
the original TV signal,
• optimal video encoding,
• organization of broadcast streams on the Internet,
• announcement of video broadcasting on the Internet,
• compatibility of broadcast signals to different devices (TV, computer, touch pad, smart phone),
• dealing with payment systems,
• technical support,
• services usage records,
• use of advertising model of services monetization.